Senior Technician - 4P
Enjoy your road to success
If you’re looking for a challenge and to push your technical skills to the next level, our fast-paced senior technician role will certainly deliver. The position requires individuals who are well versed in new technologies, as well as dedicated to go above and beyond for our customers, day in day out.
As our Senior Technician, we would need you to work closely with colleagues and clients on the front-line, listening to their needs and come up with effective technical solutions. Part of your role will also involve constantly sharing best practices with the rest of the team, ensuring that we deliver the best service possible to our customers.
Kindness, patience, and charisma go a long way when you’re dealing with people. Therefore we do expect that you have these attributes to be able to thrive in this position.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- have at least 6 months experience in one or more of the following: FTTH, PSTN, IPTV, DTTV, ISDN and test rooms;
- be proficient in telecommunications technologies;
- be computer literate and be proficient in the use of IT systems;
- A good team player, be flexible and determined to ensure a good quality service;
- be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
- have leadership, negotiation and communication skills;
Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- A Technical Diploma in City and Guilds, CCNA Certification or other relevant qualifications;
- have expertise in outside plant deployment practices including:
- standards and policies
- equipment handling and installation
- test procedures
- certification procedures
- use of associated tools;
- Approach work with common sense and a good attitude and is adaptable to work exigencies;
Your main duties will involve:
- Install and maintain faults of IPTV, DTTV, ISDN, FTTH and PSTN services in any environment according to procedures and standards set by the company;
- Jumpering of services in cabinets, MSANS and test rooms;
- maintain Distribution Points and drops;
- Be in a position to open manholes, work at heights on ladders and arial platforms;
- Report any required plant maintenance and/or upgrades as per standard procedures;
- Be ready, and in a position to work in the field as a lone worker, unless otherwise required for operational or health and safety reasons;
- liaise with third parties, peers and clients as necessary to get the job done in an appropriate manner;
- Be ready to manage and coach a small team in the correct way of carrying out their duties when on the field.
- Support other team members in ensuring best practices, including stock and Health and safety procedures.
- May be assigned different duties according to Group exigencies from time to time.
We nurture the future of our employees through continuous investment in development and wellbeing. GO is a home where employees are well taken care of and where people are put first.
A FAMILY FEEL
FREE GO SERVICES