Jump ship - we're hiring!
We are providing telco-grade software development and operations every day. We’re looking for a DevOps Specialist to play a key role in managing software release activities. This role is technical on the one side and integrative on the other as you need keep in contact and manage expectations of other teams.
Being truly passionate about technology and having the ability to clearly and concisely communicate your thoughts and ideas will help you succeed in this position. You will stand out in this role by having good people skills that will help you build relationships with various stakeholders and by keeping updated with the latest tech trends. Moreover, if you thrive in a learning environment, and find joy in convincing others to believe in your ideas, whilst working to transform them into reality, this will be an opportunity you’ll definitely enjoy.
Does this sound like you? This is what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Good programming and scripting skills in programming languages prevalent in the industry.
- Experience working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and Linux.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- Experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains, such as, Workzone, Jira, SprintGround, ScrumMate, Sprintly, Nuclino, Confluence, XWiki, Git, Mercurial, Maven, Travis CI, Jenkins, TeamCity, Postman, Soap UI, Selenium, Apache JMeter, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Black Duck, SonarQube, Codacy, Artifactory, ProGet, and Nexus.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field, ideally in a DevOps or release management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or working experience.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Interacting with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validating and executing software releases and system rollouts.
- Maintaining and improving upon software release processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and tools.
- Working closely with development teams to help select tools, designing infrastructure, implementing automation and facilitating the software build/release process.
- Coordinating the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, managing the calendar of deployments and ensure that quality assurance processes are followed through.
- Keeping oneself up-to-date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools.
- Maintaining and report upon suitable KPIs.
- Supporting the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.