Do you want to become a Telecoms Technician? Wire your future with us.
We are looking for a driven individual with strong communication skills to join our growing team as a Technician. This team has a customer-centric mindset and is dedicated to going above and beyond for our customers day in and day out.
As our Technician, you will be working directly on the front-line, interacting daily with our customers to ensure they have all of their services working smoothly. You will be provided with all the necessary tools, including a mobile device, a laptop, and a company van to be able to perform your duties at your utmost. After the training period, you will mostly be working on your own however there’s a great team spirit and if you need assistance, your colleagues will be just a phone call away.
Kindness, patience, and charisma go a long way when you’re dealing with people. Therefore we do expect that you have these attributes to be able to thrive in this position. As for the rest, we will teach you everything else you need to know. So as long as you’re willing to learn, this position is a great opportunity to grow and develop yourself within a fast-paced environment. It will be your first step into the fascinating world of Technology that will lead you to an exciting future.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A good level of computer literacy;
- A valid driving license to be able to drive a company vehicle;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Willingness to work outside & at heights.
- This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- If you have a CCNA, computer, or networking certification;
- Have some experience working in a similar role;
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience technologies used in Telecommunications such as fiber optic, telephony and TV technologies such as PSTN, ISDN, IPTV, & DTTV.
If this describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Rectifying faults and solving problems at our customers’ homes
- Installing GO services in various premises
- Jumpering of services in cabinets, exchanges, and test-rooms;
- Maintenance of distribution points, drops, & test-room frames;
- Opening of manholes;
- Working at heights on ladders and cherry pickers;
- Driving a cherry picker when required;
- Stocking outdoor cabinets with pre-wires;
- Ordering stock;
- Working in all test-rooms and RSS whenever is required;
- Using GO systems to provision, rectify faults, update records and stock.
- To ensure optimal customer service we will need you to:
- Work continuation and overtime when needed;
- Work on-call schedules;