Do you want to become a Telecoms Technician? Join GO's Technical team and we will train you.
What you need to have is:
- A good level of computer literacy.
- A valid driving license to be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment & willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work outside & at heights.
It is also desirable that you possess:
- CCNA, computer or networking certification.
- A minimum of one year experience within field support.
- Strong customer centric approach to service delivery.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: FTTH, PSTN, IPTV, DTTV ISDN and test-rooms.
Your main duties will involve:
- Problem solving & fault rectification. The technologies you will be trained on include; IPTV, DTTV, ISDN, FTTH, PSTN.
- Installation of GO's services. You're probably already familiar with these.
- Jumpering of services in cabinets, MSANS and test-rooms
- Maintenance of DPs, drops, & test-room frames
- Opening of manholes
- Working at heights on ladders and cherry pickers
- Drive cherry picker when required
- Stock outdoor cabinets with pre-wires
- Ordering stock
- Work in all test-rooms and RSS whenever is required
- Use of GO systems to provision, rectify faults, update records and stock
To ensure optimal customer service we would need you to:
- Work continuation and overtime when needed
- Work on-call schedules
- Work as a singleton technician
We nurture the future of our employees through continuous investment in development and wellbeing. GO is a home where employees are well taken care of and where people are put first.
A FAMILY FEEL
FREE GO SERVICES